Parish Twinning Program
Building Sister Parish Relationships Since 1978
-*SEA CONTAINER UPDATE: 2021 FORMS NOW AVAILABLE! NEW WAREHOUSE LOCATION!
Click on the “SEA CONTAINER” link above.
-*Co-Founder and Executive Director Theresa Patterson has recently been given a tremendous honor by the Pope. Theresa was given the Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice medal by Pope Francis for her distinguished service to the Church. It is one of the the highest honors that can be given to a layperson within the Church. Please read the article in the Tennessee Register by using the link to find out more! https://tennesseeregister.com/bishop-announces-names-of-new-parish-school-in-nolensville/
-During this pandemic, please stay connected to your sister parish through monthly videoconferences/Zoom meetings and prayers!
A group from Saint Henry Church in Nashville, TN visits with the Bishop of Hinche, Msgr. Simon-Pierre Saint Hillien C.S.C., and others in February 2014. Saint Henry had the Program’s first twinning with Haiti in 1978.
We are a non-profit organization focused on creating lasting sister parish relationships between parishes in the U.S. and parishes in the country of Haiti and in Latin America and the Caribbean (outside Haiti). We have over 300 such linkages. The parishes develop a mutual and enriching relationship of sharing, solidarity and understanding. Parishes in the U.S. often raise funds and send resources to their twin parish and help with various special projects. Twin parishes in the US visit their sister parishes abroad on fact-finding trips, med mission trips, project trips, and other related trips. Since 1978, our parishes have sent well over 50 million dollars in aid to impoverished church communities in Haiti. If interested in either our Haiti work or our Latin America Program, see the listings further below to contact us.
What We Do:
- We endeavor to connect twin parishes.
- We facilitate and maintain these relationships.
- We help advise about med mission trips and parish trips.
- We offer Matthew 25 Hospitality House for travelers.
- M25 House provides lodging in Port-au-Prince.
- M25 House offers advice about transportation & interpreters.
- We help parishes to network.
- We accompany first-time parishes to Haiti.
- We organize and ship donated goods to Haiti.
- We help to resolve any issues.
What Catholic Churches in our Program Do:
- They do fact-finding visits to the sister parish.
- They take medical mission trips to the twin parish.
- They do med missions to other chosen areas.
- They undertake dental mission trips.
- They do fundraising for the twin parish.
- They aid schools with funding or materials.
- They help the twin parish with catechetical training and expenses.
- They assist the sister parish with construction projects–churches, rectories, etc.
- They send shipments of donated goods to the twin parish.
- They instigate water purification projects for the sister parish.
- They fund microcredit or other sustainable projects.
If your parish might be interested in twinning with a parish in Haiti, please contact our Executive Director:
Total Sister-Parish Relationships in Haiti: 282
If your parish might be interested in twinning with a parish in Latin America or the Caribbean (outside Haiti), please contact the Coordinator of our Latin America Program:
Total Sister-Parish Relationships for Latin America and the Caribbean (outside Haiti): 54
The figures above vary from time to time.