There are no products in your shopping cart.
The five sea containers were unloaded June 19-22. Thanks to Domond and everyone who helped!
Theresa and Board Members Tonie, Diane, Pat, Jeff N., and Ben attended an excellent CRS/USCCB conference June 1-3 in Washington, D.C.
Theresa wants to know the names and addresses of persons involved in your twin parish relationship, your Haiti Committee, or your med missions so that she may include them in our mailings.
M25 House now costs $40 per night (please). We wish to thank Christina Stern for her assistance at Matthew 25 House over a number of months this year. Thanks too to the interns who worked over the summer.
The bishops in Haiti have asked us to ask our U.S. parishes if they would send an e-mail to them (the Haitian Bishops/dioceses) each time that the U.S. parishes send funds down to their sister parishes in Haiti --and to mention the amount. The dioceses in Haiti are trying to create more transparency between them and their Haitian parishes.
Sister Parish Relationships
We are a non-profit organization focused on creating lasting sister parish relationships between parishes in the U.S. or Canada and parishes in the country of Haiti and elsewhere. We have over 340 such linkages. The parishes develop a mutual and enriching relationship of sharing, solidarity and understanding. Parishes in the U.S. often raise funds and send resources to their twin parish and help with various special projects. Since 1978, our parishes have sent over $22 million in aid.
What We Do:
- We endeavor to connect twin parishes.
- We facilitate and maintain these relationships.
- We help advise about med mission trips.
- We offer Matthew 25 Hospitality House for travelers.
- M25 provides lodging in Port-au-Prince.
- M25 also facilitates transportation & interpreters.
- We connect folks doing similar projects.
- We help to resolve any issues.
What Catholic Churches in our Program Do:
- Fact-finding visits to sister parish
- Medical mission trips to twin parish
- Med missions to other chosen areas
- Dental mission trips
- Fundraising for twin parish
- Aid schools with funding or materials
- Help with catechetical training and expenses
- Construction projects-churches, rectories, etc.
- Shipments of donated goods to twin parish
- Water well projects for sister parish
- Irrigation/plumbing projects for twin parish